Sunday, March 8, 2009

And out from under a rock she came......

Yes, I have been (trying to) live the quiet life the last few months - Felt like I pushed myself a bit hard leading up to and over Christmas, but to ease myself back into all things creative (a nice change from housework!) I have had an afternoon of 'stamping just cos we can' with Sharlene...admittedly this was motivated by both of us needing to get 'little somethings' made for people who have birthdays coming up but it was so nice to just sit down and make something!

I spent a large part of yesterday mounting stamps - 17 sets to be precise - some of which I bought before Christmas, and some from the latest Mini so I thought it would be great to use them before the mini actually finishes at the end of the month and also the gorgeous Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper. What I learnt though is that I am really going to miss my 2 favourite colours at the end of this month - Soft Sky & Blue Bayou....but I have made sure I have a good supply of these to keep me going at least another year :) Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here is what I came up with

P1020065   2

.....this friend is very special - I used some of my special stash of Styled Silver Hodge Podge Hardware (those who know me know that I am not good at sharing shiny things and this is a very big deal!!)

Will try and get on here again tomorrow - Taranaki Anniversary so I might be able to find some time to 'play stamps' (as my partner calls it) with any luck.

3 Comments:

Michelle said...

WELCOME BACK! It's great to see your creations again. Be kind to yourself, and you'll love it again!

Keryn Campbell said...

Your card is beautiful. Your friend will surely know from that how special she is.

kareN stampZ said...

that's a stunning card - love the big embellishment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online